Mother’s Day is around the corner (in case you missed the magazine and TV ads), which means it’s time to pull up your socks, comb your hair and figure out a way to show your mother that she’s important to you.
Of course you could go to the nearest mall and grab a pre-packaged gift bag from Clicks, or some body lotion from Woolworths… OR you could change into some old clothes, prepare to make a creative mess and DIY a masterpiece which contains a glimpse of your own personality! (I vote for the latter).
Here are 10 ideas for DIY handmade Mother’s Day gifts on a budget. Have fun, take photos and treasure the little moments!
1. Me Sew Crazy – Mother Daughter Shorts
2. We All Sew – Ombre Coiled Rope Basket
3. Stitches Magazine – DIY Embroidered Phone Pouch
4. 52 Kitchen Adventures – DIY Cupcake Bouquet
5. Bright Side – DIY Lemon Bath Bombs
6. DIY Just Cuz – Etched Glass Terrarium
7. The Sweetest Occasion – Marble Dipped Mugs
8. It’s Always Autumn – Popsicle Photo Bracelet
9. Max and Me – DIY Instagram Polaroid Fridge Magnets
10. Shanty 2 Chic – DIY Wooden Picture Frames